CPU 1518-4 PN/DP
SIMATIC S7-1500, CPU 1518-4 PN/DP, Central processing unit with work memory 4 MB for program and 20 MB for data, 1st interface: PROFINET IRT with 2-port switch, 2nd interface: PROFINET RT, 3rd interface: Ethernet, 4th interface: PROFIBUS, 1 ns bit-performance, SIMATIC Memory Card required
- Faster command processing, language extensions and new data types depending on the CPU type
- Even shorter response times of the CPUs due to considerably faster backplane bus
- Powerful network connection: PROFINET IO IRT (2-port switch) as standard interface. Two additional PROFINET interfaces integrated, e.g. for network separation. Additional PROFINET IO RT devices can be connected via the PROFINET interface X2 or fast communication can be established in the form of an I-Device. The X3 interface can be used with a transmission rate of 1 Gbit/s, e.g. for communication with the backbone
- Integrated technology
- Connection of analog and PROFIdrive-capable drivers via standardized blocks (PLCopen)
- Support of speed-controlled and positioning axes as well as external encoders, precise position gearing between axes
- Trace functions for all CPU tags, both for diagnostics in real time as well as for sporadic error, detection; can also be called via the web server of the CPU
- Comprehensive control functionalities, e.g. easy to configure blocks for automatic optimization of the control parameters for optimum control quality
- Security Integrated
- Password-based know-how protection against unauthorized read-out and modification of program blocks
- Copy protection for trying individual blocks to the serial number of the SIMATIC Memory Card: The block can only run if the configured memory card is inserted into the CPU.
- 4-level authorization concept: Communication to the HMI devices can also be restricted.
- Manipulation protection: The controller recognizes changed or unauthorized transmissions of the engineering data.
- Design and handling
- Display of overview information: E.g. Station name, plant identifer, location designation, etc., diagnostic information, module information, display settings.
- Possible operations on the display: Set addresses of the CPU or connected Ethernet communications processors, set date and time, select operating mode of CPU, reset CPU to factory settings, disable/enable display, activate protection levels, acknowledge messages, backup and restoring of the project.
- Integrated system diagnostics
- System diagnostics information is displayed consistently and in plain text in the display, TIA Portal, HMI devices and web server, even for massages from the drivers, and updated even if the CPU is in STOP mode.
- Integrated in the frimware of the CPU, no special configuration is required
- SIMATIC Memory Card (required for operation of the CPU)
- Used as a plug-in load memory or for updating the firmware.
- Also for storing additional documents or csv files (for recipes and archives)
- Creation of data blocks for storage/reading of data via SFCs of the user program
- Datalog (archives) and recipes
- Storage of csv files for recipec and archives on the SIMATIC Memory Card; easy access to plant-relevant operating data using Ofiice tools or via a web server
- Easy access to configuration data of the machine by means of a Web browser or SD card reader (two-way data exchange from and to the controller)
- Programming with STEP 7 Professional, V12 and higher
- Migration tool for migrating from SIMATIC S7-300/S7-400 to S7-1500; converts the program code lergely automatically. Non-convertible code is logged and can be manually adapted.
- STEP 7 V11 projects can continue to be used with STEP 7 V12 in compatibility mode.
- S7-1200 basic programs can be transferred to S7-1500 by copy-paste.