S7-400 High-Availability CPUs
SIMATIC S7-400H, CPU 417-5H System bundle H-system with 1 x UR2-H, without memory card, 2 x PS405 10 A, 24/48/60 V DC 4 x sync modules up to 10 m, 2 x sync cable 1 m , 2 x CPU 417-5H buffer batteries
- Block protection: In addition to the keylock switch, a password concept protects the user program from unauthorized access. User blocks can also be protexted by an encryption process.
- Integrated HMI services: In the case of HMI devices, the user only has to specify the source and destination of the data. These are automatically transferre cyclically by the system.
- Integrated communications functions:
- PG/OP communications
- Extended communication (simple and high-availability)
- Master-spare switchover programmed by user.
- Parameterizable properies
- With the STEP 7 tool"Hardware Configuration" and the installed option package S7-400H, the properties and behavior of the S7-400H including the CPUs can be parameterized, e.g:
- Multi-point interface MPI:
- Determining node addresses
- Startup/cyclic behavior.
- Definition of maximum cycle time and communication load.
- Address assignment: Addresssing of the I/O modules.
- Retentive areas: Definition of the number of retentive bit memories, counters, timers, data blocks and clock memories.
- Protection level: Definition of access authorization to program and data.
- System diagnostics: Determination of handling and scope of diagnostics messages.
- Watchdog interrupts: Setting the periodicity.
- Configuring of H stations.
- Safety-related functions
- With the F runtime license, the safety-related F user program can be compline and run on the CPU. One license is requirred for each S7-400F/FH system. The scope of delivery includes 2 YUV (German technical inspectorate) adhesive lables.
- Display and information functions
- Status and fault indicators: LEDs indicate, for example, internal and external faults and operating statuses such as RUN. STOP. startup."Master" operating mode, redundancy errors, and test function.
- Test functions: The programming device can be used to display signal states in the program execution sequence, modify process variables independently, and disble program sections.
- Information functions: The user obtain information about the memory capacity and operating mode of the CPU, and the current utilization of the RAM and load memory.